Gain a user-friendly overview of English grammar and a greater understanding of written English, to become more confident and skilful in your writing. If you regularly write for at least one hour each working day, then you will benefit from this course. By attending this workshop you will identify the basic steps in writing clear English in business documents. The differences between different forms of written communication (eg emails, letters and reports) will be discussed. Participants will be shown what common mistakes to avoid and how to plan, organize, draft and check texts, in order to make sure that documents are accurate and clear.
The course covers:
- Overview of parts of speech (noun, verb, etc)
- Grammar: in more detail
- Usage: words often confused
- Summary: producing clear documents
By the end of the course, participants will:
- be able to write more effective documents
- have greater confidence in working through the different stages of the writing process
- know how to check documents so that they are clear and accurate
- be familiar with how to deal with common problems of grammar, spelling, punctuation and usage
Each participant will be given a free copy of a book written by the course leader, Martin Manser.
Seminars are held in a location in central London. We will send you details of the venue on confirmation of your booking.
Courses begin at 9.30 a.m. and finish by 5.00 p.m.
Price per delegate is £550 + VAT which covers tuition, course material, a free book by Martin H. Manser; coffee, lunch and tea.
To sign up for this course online, please complete and submit the registration form. For other ways to register and for more information read the registration information. If you would like to run this course in-house in your organization, contact us.