He brings to his seminars:
- a style of teaching that is informal and interactive
- a depth of practical understanding gained from having compiled or edited nearly 200 reference books in thirty years.
Martin particularly enjoys the challenge of opening up the complexities of English to colleagues, for example in accountancy or engineering, whose speciality is not writing text.
Martin also has a good working knowledge of German, having studied at the University of Regensburg and he visits Germany regularly. He is also tutor at Albert-Ludwigs University Freiburg Center for Key Qualifications, Germany.
Hundreds of people have benefited from Martin’s unique knowledge and experience in recent years. As a result of attending a seminar led by Martin, participants have refreshed their knowledge of English grammar and have increased their confidence in using English more clearly and effectively.
Martin was interviewed on BBC Radio 4’s ‘Word of Mouth’ programme in 2009 about his courses.
Courses are deliberately limited to a maximum of ten participants, so that each delegate can receive individual attention.
Each participant receives a free copy of the Penguin Writer’s Manual, co-authored by Martin Manser.
Martin Manser runs the following open public courses in central London:
- Confident Written Communications
- Effective Meetings
- Effective Presentations
- Effective Project Management for Beginners
- Effective Time Management
- How English Works
Tailored to the precise needs of your company or organization. Recent clients have included:
- Arthritis Care
- Baptist Union
- British Dental Journal
- Buckinghamshire County Council
- CAPITA Business Services Ltd
- CARE (Christian Action Research & Education)
- Charles Stanley Stockbrokers
- Chiltern Opticians
- Department for Education (formerly Department for Education and Skills)
- International Association of Business Communicators (IABC)
- MaST International
- McCarthy & Associates
- Popular Communication Courses (Popcomm)
- Propeller training
- South West Trains
- Southcourt Baptist Church
- SPIE Matthew Hall (formerly AMEC)
- Wycliffe Hall